The philosophy behind our approach to nutrition was developed under the influence of human physiology and research studies dating way back to the late 1800’s early 1900’s and some even earlier.
The science we are presenting here is what we like to refer to as Universal Science, a science based on principles that can be applied to everyone. These are facts we know are true, such as – the sole purpose of eating food is to fuel the body’s cells with energy. Just like a car needs gas, humans require food.
Metabolism begins in the cell, which by definition is the most basic unit of life; this is where your body converts fuel (food) to energy.
Each and every one of your trillion cells has an engine designed to produce energy – the energy needed to fuel ALL your systems. The more efficient your cells are at producing energy, the more energy your body will have at its disposal. When the systems of the body have a steady supply of energy, they are able to repair, rebuild, and function at very high levels.
One of the most efficient ways in which the body produces energy is through a process called cellular respiration.
Cellular respiration requires the presence of three key players:
- Glucose (from carbohydrates)
- Oxygen (from the air we breathe)
- Thyroid (from our thyroid gland)
When these 3 key players are present in the right amounts at the right time we produce the greatest amount of energy and use the least amount of energy to do so.
If you have poor cellular function you will produce less energy, which slows the body into a state of preservation (slow metabolism = low body temperature, low/high pulse) and can result in:
- Weight gain or weight loss
- Hypothyroidism or low thyroid function
- High cholesterol
- Low cholesterol
- Hormonal imbalances (PCOS, Endometriosis, PMS)
- Accelerated aging
- Digestive issues (including all -itis’s)
- Autoimmune disease
- High and low blood pressure
- Skin Issues and so much more!
How do we use food to heal the metabolism?
By providing your body with the proper food, in the proper balance and at the proper times.
When working to heal the metabolism it is essential to meet the body where it is and support it through the transitions back to health. Josh and Jeanne take their clients through a step-by-step process teaching them how to use food to strengthen their body’s infrastructure, boost resiliency, heal the adrenal glands and restore proper thyroid hormone conversion. As this occurs, health can begin to express itself.
How can food choices optimize cellular energy production and heal your metabolism?
- Restores proper production and conversion of thyroid hormone.
- Decreases overall stress on the system (taking the burden off the adrenal glands).
- Assist in regulating blood sugar levels therefore helping to restore balance in the hormonal system.
- Restoring the integrity of the infrastructure by building back up vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
- Supplying optimal amounts of glucose at the right time and in the right amounts
- Maintaining optimal levels of oxygen in circulation.
- Reduced stress on the WHOLE system
- Significantly improved digestion
- Regulated hormones
- Regulated blood sugar
- Better sleep
- More energy
- Improved moods
- Beautiful skin, hair and nails
- Less PMS, maybe none at all!
- the list goes on and on….
To learn more about what program is right for you >>> CLICK HERE!