A friend’s husband has just been diagnosed with bowel cancer.
Aside from following HLC protocols, I wondered what recommendations any
of you might have in terms of treatment.
This is what I do and have done, but remember everyone is different:
- The 4R Gut Healing Program (remove, replace, reinocculate, repair)
- NLC principles
- Essential oils on the gut and certain acupuncture points daily
- Daily Qi gong flows
- Gut lab tests to see for parasites, bacterial, fungal, etc and food intolerances
- In TCM, bowel cancer is correlated with factors such as Qi Stasis, Blood Stasis, and Phlegm, are responsible for masses and abnormal cellular growth. These three types of stasis are thought to result from a variety of factors including emotional disharmony (which is said to cause stasis in the body), improper diet and exercise, and External Pathogenic Factors (which may remain in the body and cause stasis).
- In terms of understanding the role of Stasis of the Fundamental Substances, patients with cancer tend to display the following:
Qi Stasis: Distending pain, a mass that seems to appear and disappear or change in size, easy frustration, and irritability or other emotional reactions. The tongue is a dusky color, and the pulse is wiry.
Blood Stasis: Sharp, stabbing pain and masses fixed in origin. The tongue has distended sublingual veins, and the pulse is choppy.
Phlegm: Soft masses, a subjective sensation of heaviness or sluggishness in the body, and expectoration of a copious amount of phlegm. The tongue has a greasy coating, and the pulse is slippery/wiry.
There is more, but this should get him started.