Avocados. I.Love.Avocados. But what are avocados good for?
Below, Josh is going to breakdown the pros and cons of avocado consumption.
Some say good, some say bad, we say its all about the balance and always about the body.
Be sure to scroll down. We have shared one of our favorite meals, which just so happens to include avocado:)
Food is such an important part of life so eating what you love is an essential part of living a happy life.
We always encourage our clients to think about dishes they enjoy and then take steps to modify the ingredients to meet their nutritional needs.
No reason you shouldn’t be enjoying your favorite flavors, just requires making a few modifications and voila!!
Baked Halibut Tacos
- 1 lb Halibut (in our house this made 5 tacos:))
- 5-6 nonGMO organic corn tortillas
- 1/4 c Red cabbage
- 1 c Green cabbage
- 1/2 c cilantro
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo (chopped tomato, onions, jalapeno, and cilantro)
- 1/4 cup mango
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon organic mayo
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp white sea salt
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Optional (sour cream and cheese)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Sprinkle the fish with a light coat of white sea salt, 1/2 of lime, ground pepper corns. Cut 1 tbsp of butter in half and lay it is 2 sections over the top of the fish.
- Place fish in oven to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- To make the coleslaw, shred the red and green cabbage. Add the mayo, white vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar and cilantro and mix. Mix and set in refrigerator til eaten.
- Cut 1 avocado, remove seed, scoop meat into bowl, add a squeeze of lime and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the edge off one mango and dice.
- Lightly wet the tortillas and warm them up in a pan on the stove. Place in warmer or between towels to keep soft.
- Construct your taco.
***All ingredients are organic and nonGMO and include a perfect balance of easily digestible proteins carbohydrates and fat, rich in vitamins and minerals and packed with flavor! Hope you all enjoy!
For those of you interested in diving deeper into the hard facts on fat purchase a copy of our book in Kindle or paperback, “Saturated Fact: A Closer Look At “Healthy Fats”.
To speak with Josh or Jeanne directly contact us here.